Kathmandu - Lhasa - Ali - Kailash Tour (By Fly in Drive Out) - 12 Days
Kathamandu - Lhasa Tibet is more easy to get there, visitors who have time more than two weeks time to travel in western Tibet Ali Goge Kingdom. Before five years the friendship highway between Nepal - Tibet was a bit harder to drive. Now a days the road have fully constructed well. But you have to fly one way from Kathamandu to Lhasa or fly back from Lhasa to Kathamandu.
In Lhasa there are famous sakyapa and Mingmapa Buddhist monastries. Among this the Potala palace was very old monument, where spent 14 th re-incarnation of the Dalai Lamas. By political evacuated by People Repulic of China the palace was as like a museum since 1954 for the locals. Tibet Tourism Board was eastabilished since 1989 than it was fully opened for the western visitors. Shera Monastry on norhtern part of city, Ganden Monastry on southern part of capital city Lhasa are more popular and very old monuments. Gyantse, the day drive from Lhasa on the way have very old Khumbum Chorten and castle are very famous. Shigatse is another beautiful quite and clean city where is situated famous Panchen Lamas palace and his temple called Tashi Lompo. Sakya where is situated Sakyapa Gompas. Nyalam another place near Nepal border line fiinally to get nepal has a famous Milarpas Cave, where spritual leader Padmasambhava was mediatated final departure from Tibet during his religious tour to focusing Budhism in Tibet on the way to Nepal and India.
Itinerary: Kathmandu-Lhasa-Ali-Kailash Tour (By Fly in Drive Out) - 12 Days
Day 01: Katmandu (1300 mts.) Arrival, Our representive will meet at the airport and escort to the Hotel, Free at own and Evening dinner, overnight stay at Katmandu .
Day 02: Katmandu - After breakfast start to Katmandu sightseeing including Pashupatinath and Budhanikanth Darshan, back to hotel and rest of the day is free for packing and program briefing.
Day 03: Fly to Lhasa at Gongger airport, Meet the group at the airport by the guide and transfer to Hotel.
Day 04: Sightseeing tour of the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Bazaar, Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 05: Sightseeing of Lhasa, overnight stay at Hotel
Day 06: Fly to Ali airport. Drive to Darchen. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Drive to Serchong. Trek to Dirapuk. Overnight at Camp
Day 08: Trek to Zhuthulpuk. Overnight at Camp
Day 09: End Kailash Kora. Drive to Chui Gompa, Parikrama of Lake Mansarovar.
Day 10: Drive to Saga, Stay at Guesthouse.
Day 11: Drive to Zangmu cross the boarder and Drive to Kathmandu, Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 12: Departure from Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu as above the Itinerary.
- Twin Sharing accommodation in tented camps and guest houses as per itinerary on full board basis during camping & on bed and breakfast from Lhasa to Ali.
- Kathmandu-Lhasa-Ali flight cost.
- Tibet China Visa fees
- Transportation by Luxury Coach
- All trekking equipment such as two men tent, dinning tent, kitchen utensils, toilet tents, sleeping mattresses, camp chairs tables, all food stuff.
- Gamow bags (life saving device incase of altitude sickness).
- All sightseeing as per itinerary with English speaking guide.
- Monastery entrance fees, portable oxygen cylinders in case of emergency.
- Yak and Yak man for porter age of luggage and equipment.
- Travel permit to kailash AIR FARE FOR THE SECOTOR LXA KTM and all necessary transfers.
Cost does not include:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu .
- LUNCH & DINNER during Tour to Lhasa and Sigatse.
- Nepal re-entry visa fees.
- Sleeping bag, Down jacket, Laundry, Telephone calls.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of travel insurance, Emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra charges for hiring porters and vehicles in case of land slide and other natural calamities.
- Gratitude tips.
MODEL OF PAYMENTS
- 20 days prior to tour departure date, 100% of the total cost should reach Samrat Holidays Pvt. Ltd account by telex transfer with passport of client.
TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
- All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written. Verbal cancellations will not be entertained.
- 20 days before trip departure 10% of total trip cost.
- 15 days before trip departure 50% of total trip cost.
- 10 days before trip departure 90% of total trip cost.
- 07 days and less departure 100% of total trip cost.
Casual wears and comfortable walking shoes are the rule of Tibet . Be sure to bring warm clothing as nights and early mornings can be quite chilly to downright cold. Indian Pilgrims strictly advisable no Sari. Bring all the film, medicine, cosmetics, personal toilet items etc. that you will need from home as these are difficult if not impossible to obtain on the way. A small first aid kit is also a good idea. Also quite useful is a route map, to know where you are going and have been each day.
What to take:
Winter wear: Gore-Tex material, though expensive, is highly recommended. Down jacket, raincoat or windbreakers, thermal under wears, Jackets, warm trousers & woolen shirts (cotton will also do), warm sweaters, woolen gloves, sun hat, comfortable shoes, light leather boots in case of snow, woolen balaclava ('monkey cap') & scarf/dust mask to protect your eyes & nose from dust.
Bring with you:
Snacks along the way. Chocolates, dry fruit, toffees, glucose; 'namkeen' etc. Strong water bottle & water purifying tablets. Personal medical kit and Diamox tablet (for high altitude). Sun glasses (to protect your eyes from UV, which is especially strong in high altitudes). Sun block or sun screen lotion, wet tissues (Fresh-ones are excellent to wipe off the dust), clothes-line/clips, needle & thread, deo-spray (handy for smelly boots/feet and for a round of spray in the toilet tent!), toilet paper, torch & spare batteries, daypack (small shoulder bag), Camera & films, Binocular.
This is one of the toughest high altitude road journeys on earth. You Must be physically fit - no two ways about that. Generally patients with asthma & heart problems have a problem acclimatizing to high altitudes. In your interests it is essential you should be examined by your doctor to know about your health condition and your ability to cope up with the rigors of high altitude travel for days in 'no road' conditions, extreme cold, dust, trekking to an altitude of 19500ft during the Parikrama, etc.
As you are traveling over high terrain, you are likely to experience symptoms and discomfort of altitude sickness (headache, loss of appetite, nausea, exhaustion, sleeplessness, breathlessness etc.) until your body adjusts to the elevation. This can take a couple of days or more depending on an individual. For this reason alone, we have made it mandatory to stay 2 nights at Nyelam (12000ft) before moving on to the higher altitudes. Drink plenty of water, be calm, and do not exercise. Do not drink alcohol or smoke prior to and during the tour. We also recommend you carry a strip of diamox tablets. Do consult your physician on the dosage. We provide Gamow bag (a special equipment to prevent sickness from high altitude) on this tour.
The unit of Chinese currency is Yuan. USD 1 = 6.00 Yuan. 1 Yuan = INR 9.50 approx; Money can exchange at Bank of China at Zhangmu or from the locals at Zhangmu or Kodari. Exchange all your remaining Yuan at the end of the trip at Zhangmu itself before re-entering Nepal.
Risks & Liability:
Samrat Holidays Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conduct strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Samrat Holidays Pvt. Ltd and its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, and cancellation of flight, delay arrival, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.
View Samrat Holidays Pvt. Ltd. in a larger map
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Our group size is minimum 25 pax in group joining basis and minimum 5 pax in pravet tour basis. No limitation for maximum group size..
- Tibet is Autonomous region of China. So you will not get the special permit and Visa for Tibet directly In your country. You have to proceed for permit and Visa for Tibet through our Agency.
- We must receive scan copy of your passport at least 35 days prior to arrival in gateway cities (Kathmandu or Lhasa). Passport must be same as scan copy and valid for more than 6 months.
- We request to dispatch the original passport at our delhi office for indian passport holders 15 days prior to arrive in Kathmandu and other than indian passport holders must spend at least 2 nights in Kathmandu to issue Tibet visa. They will also require to bring 2 passport size photos. We shall send client "Chinese embassy visa form" well in advance to be fill up by each client which can either sent to us by email or can be collected upon arrival.
- Those who entry Lhasa from mainland China are requested to obtain Chinese visa in their home country and we will organize Tibet permit and handover it through our agent in Lhasa.
- Chinese visa will be valid for China mainland only, do not bring Chinese visa if you are entering Tibet from Kathmandu.If you obtained Chinese visa the chinese ambassy will cancel mainland visa during your journey to Tibet.
- We supply detail information and briefing upon arrival.
- Indian Rupees are not accepted in Tibet. We will assist to exchange the amount to Yuan (Chinese Currency) for you upon your arrival in Kathmandu.
- The official Chinese currency used by the Tibetans is circulated in denominations (notes) of 1,2,5,10,100 Yuan. 1 Yuan is equivalent to approximately INR 11. It is advisable to carry Chinese Yuan to avoid unhealthy rates and futile bargaining at the Kodari Border or at Zhangmu.
- The unit of Chinese currency is Yuan. USD 1 = 6.00 Yuan. Exchange all your remaining Yuan at the end of the trip at Zhangmu itself before re-entering Nepal.
- Important Note: Carring INR 1000 & INR 500 denomanation are limited up to INR 25,000 in Nepal according to the rule of NRB.Indian Passport & Election (Voter) ID card are only the valid Identification proof to entry Nepal by air. other valid ID proof are also accepted to entry Nepal by overland.
- Outer kora means parikrama of Kailash Parvat in 3 days. The regular Overland and Helicopter trips are actually only outer kora which is easy to complete. Inner kora means parikrama of Nandi Parvat and visit tirtha puri, saptarishi cave including kailash parbat. However it is more challenging and adventures than outer kora.
- Samrat Holidays Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conduct strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow fall, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay arrival, delay issue of permit and visa, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.
- CIPSC (China Indian Pilgrims’ Service Center) has an athority to handle travel arrangements & fix rates for the Indian pilgrims in Tibet side.
- We provide AC Deluxe Coach for Airport pickup drop and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- We could provide standard non AC Tourist Coach for Kathmandu to Kodari Boarder and VV due to road condtion..
- We provide Kathmandu - Nepalganj - Simikot and return by fixed wing and Simikot - Hillsa and return by charter helicopter for heli kailash yatra.
- We provide AC Deluxe Coach for the entire journey of Tibet.
- We also provide supporting Truck to carry luggage and equipments.
- We provide one escorting Jeep during entire journey of Tibet.
- Jeep or Van can be provided at extra cost
Please use any of following Bank accounts for your convenience.
Telegraphic transfer to Samrat Holidays Pvt. Ltd.
|Beneficiary||:||Samrat Holidays Pvt. Ltd.|
|Current A/C (NPR)||:||03500105200005|
|Paying Bank||:|| Everest Bank Limited
A One Business Complex, First Floor, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tell: +977-1-4433037/4436117, Fax: +977-1-4435530
|Telephone No.||:||+977-1-4004700, 4004701, 4004702, 4004703|
|Mobile||:||+977-9851030564 (CN Pandey)|
|To Send Money from Punjab National Bank (PNB) to Everest Bank Ltd, Nepal via Indo Remittance. Please click here details information:|
- Please ask your bank to advise payment to either Bank by authenticated Tested Telex message. Use one of the bank above with correct company address.
- During transfer, the transfer service charges are sender's responsibility, please make sure we could receive the actual amount invoiced with your bank.
- TO ENSURE YOUR TRANSFER ACCURACY, Any inefficient or inaccurate transfer may delay the reservation procedures. Deposit are required to guarantee at time of reservation.
- To avoide high transfer service charges, you can made payments by Credit Card (we accept all credit cards) at anytime.
- Sleeping Bag down with inside extra cove
- Down Jacket, Polar fleece, Light quilted.
- Pure wool and thick cotton socks
- Thermal underwear (Inner-full fitting) wool or mixed combination.
- Wool pullovers-polo neck, Flannel shirts.
- Warm light gloves, Snowcap(with ear covering)
- Wool monkey cap, Sun hats & scarves.
- Comfortable Trekking boots and Sandals
- Sun / Snow glasses
- Towels-including small hand towel.
- Hot water bottle.
- Light Trek bag (for camera, and very essential things.) and duffel bag to keep your personal belongings.
- Rain coat with hood.
- Ladies can select other clothing materials as per her interest.
- Torch with spare cells & bulbs
- Video camera: - as per the interest.
- Plastic mug/whistle.
- Swiss knife ( multi purpose)
- First aid box / personal medicine
- Walking stick
- Kailash Fixed Departure Date
- Kailash Yatra by Overland via Kerung
- Holy Mount Kailash Tour by Helicopter
- Kailash Yatra by Helicopter via Lucknow
- Holy Kailash Mansarovar Inner Kora
- Tibet/Lhasa with Mount Kailash Tour
- Ktm-Lhasa-Ali-Kailash Tour (By Fly in Fly Out)
- Ktm-Lhasa-Ali-Kailash Tour (By Fly in Drive Out)
- Planning & Preparation of Kailash Tour
- Muktinath Excursion Tour
- Muktinath Pashupatinath Tour
- Lumbini Tour
- Kathmandu to Janakpur Tour
- Damodar Kund Tour
- Damodar Kund Tour
- Muktinath Excursion Tour
- Muktinath-Pashupatinath Darshan Tour
- Kathmandu Cultural Tour Nepal
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Chitwan Tour
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Muktinath Tour
- Kathmandu to Chitwan Tour
- Honeymoon Tour Packages